I believe that the way we experience birth matters. What is felt and learned during birth can impact the health and wellbeing of ourselves and our families for the rest of our lives. Everyone benefits when a birthing person and their primary support person(s) are educated on pregnancy and birth and feel empowered to make their own healthcare decisions.
As your doula, I provide unconditional, nonjudgmental physical and emotional support for you and your birth team. I also provide resources and referrals to help you make informed choices. Services will be designed to meet your specific needs, but will include at least:
- 2 prenatal visits at which I learn more about you, your support team, and your vision for birth; answer questions; provide education and information on various labor and birth processes and options ; guide you in outlining your birth preferences; and provide instruction on comfort techniques so you and your partner feel prepared with a full toolbox of helpful coping strategies.
- Unlimited phone consultations throughout pregnancy and postpartum.
- 24 hour on-call availability starting 2 weeks before your due date.
- Early labor support in your home if requested, and continuous active labor support in your chosen birth setting, plus up to two hours of support once baby has arrived.
- 1 postpartum visit during your first week home.
- Basic breastfeeding instruction and support.
- Access to my lending library and extensive resource list.
Discount offered to families planning a home birth.
I believe that all birthing people who want the support of a doula during their birth should have access to one, regardless of financial status. I am open to flexible payment plans and barter/trade agreements.
If you are interested in hiring me as your birth doula please contact me here or email email@example.com to arrange an in-person interview. There is no charge for this visit. I look forward to speaking with you!